Our last Ofsted visit was on 1st October 2019:
The inspectors said:
- Portreath is a school which is very much at the heart of its community. Pupils have a strong sense of the contribution they can make, both locally and globally.
- Pupils display positive attitudes when they are in their lessons and during social time.
- Teachers build well on what pupils have learned before so that they are prepared for what will come next.
- The teaching of mathematics is now a strength of the school.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are known and cared for well. Trained staff successfully support pupils’ social and emotional needs.
- The early years environment is organised to promote a range of skills. Children are enthusiastic and work well together.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- Pupils say that they feel safe and are looked after well. The parents who responded to the Parent View survey agree.
To read our full report please click here:
DfE Performance Tables – https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/143441/portreath-community-primary-school/primary